Monday, November 15, 2010

Classmates Commentary 4

For my last blog entry of the semester I have chosen to check out some more classmate's blog to get an even better feel for what is out there in the world of Public Relations.  First I looked at Lisa's blog.  Last week, Lisa reflected on experiments, after learning about them in class.  I found it really funny how at first she talked about Lindsay Lohan and her psychotic life and how they thought of Lindsay Lohan in jail, and her new diet there as an experiment.  From this class Lisa acknowledged how that really is not an experiment at all since its missing a control group, experimental group and other vital factors.  From taking PR research I have to say I really have learned a lot about the different types of research methods.  If I had read this article in a different context,  I am fairly certain I would have the ability to realize that is hardly an experiment that they had described.  Lisa also then referred to the Placebo effect to make the idea of an experiment easier for the reader to understand.  The Placebo effect is a great example and I was really impressed by Lisa's ability to tie Lindsay Lohan, the placebo effect, and experiments all together in an entertaining and tasteful form!

Next I looked at Jackie's blog.  Jackie discussed a topic that all together I am not that familiar with seeing that event planning is not readily discussed in most PR courses held at Quinnipiac.  She provided the reader with a really useful site on the in's and outs of event planning, covering nearly all aspects.  I really enjoyed how she provided reasoning behind why she was so interested in this and some other aspects that the reader may not think about at first.  She made an interesting note about how she wouldn't think about the size of the bar at a big event.  After thinking about it, I realized that is pretty important but would have definitely overlooked that myself!  Looks like that guide is pretty helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment