Monday, October 11, 2010

Classmates Commentary 2

This week for my blog post I examined a different two classmate's blogs.  The first blog I looked at was Katie Warner's.  My fellow classmate's blog is all about non-profit Public Relations.  I do not know extensive details about non-profit PR so I found it truly interesting to look at Katie's writing.  The post that I closely looked at was entitled "Non-Profits, Facebook and Unobtrusive Research".  Like that of any college student, I was hooked once I saw the word 'facebook'.  I find myself absentmindedly on my facebook multiple times a day.  Katie explained the importance of non-profits relying heavily on social media--specifically Facebook.  With millions of user's accessing the site on a daily basis, I can see why research has shown that it is an effective outlet of research and PR in general.  I really liked how Katie linked facebook, a common past-time for many, to unobtrusive research.  By doing this she really made it a lot easier to understand the topic, and included an interesting journal article to reinforce the subject. 

The second blog that I looked at was Alexis Gerleit's.  We both are using Fashion PR as our focus' for our blogs this semester, So I thought it would be interseting to see if we discuss similar things, or if we have totally different viewpoints and perspectives.  Right away from reading her post on unobtrusive resarch I could see that our views were fairly similar.  We both emphasized how designers use unobtrusive research all the time, that is how they get their inspiration with certain designs, colors, materials etc.  I found it to be really entertaining to read Alexis' blog as she discussed unobtrusive research in the fashion industry as well as research in the field overall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment